What is Seller Central, and Why Should I Care?
Seller Central, formerly known as Amazon Seller Central, is a marketplace that third-party sellers use to offer their products to Amazon’s customers. The idea is that Amazon provides a “marketplace” for third-party sellers to offer their products for sale to Amazon.com customers.
Seller Central is Amazon’s “one-stop shop” for merchants to list their products, manage inventory, and make adjustments to how the products are displayed. Seller Central is free to sign up for and use. In 2017, Amazon launched a new service called “Amazon Fulfillment by Amazon” that allows third-party sellers to sell their products on the platform. This service provides warehousing, logistics, and order fulfillment for sellers.
Best Jobs When Working in Seller Central
- Salesperson: A seller’s salesperson is the seller’s best friend. Salespeople are responsible for handling all of the customer service, sales, and marketing interactions on behalf of the company. Salespeople are on the front lines and should be able to use their superior customer service skills to make every single customer happy.
- Account Manager: An account manager is an individual who manages accounts, sells and maintains relationships with customers and prospects, plans strategic marketing campaigns, and manages budgets.
- Account Executive: An account executive typically works in a team with other account managers to help build the company’s business by reaching out to new clients or by growing existing ones through digital marketing efforts. They should also be fluent with all the tools at their disposal to help grow the company’s business.
- Account Strategist: An account strategist is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will help increase the sales and profits of a company. They can do this by working with different levels of management, market research, marketing data, and industry trends.
Top 5 Skills Needed to Succeed in a Role for Seller Central
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Customer focus
3. Problem-solving skills
4. Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
5. Strong analytical skills